Cody Bellinger Bio:
Cody James Bellinger is a 24-year-old American professional baseball first baseman and outfielder. He plays for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball (MLB). Bellinger is the son of former MLB player Clay Bellinger.
He was named an All-Star and the National League’s Rookie of the Year in 2017. He also won the National League Most Valuable Player Award in 2019.
Age & Birth Place:
Cody was born on July 13, 1995, in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. He played in the 2007 Little League World Series. He became pro in 2017 at the age of 22.
Bellinger was first drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He made his professional debut with the Arizona League Dodgers. He was then promoted to the Ogden Raptors of the Pioneer League in 2014.
In 2015 he played with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes and was selected to the mid-season California League all-star team. Bellinger was then assigned to the Double-A Tulsa Drillers in the Texas League in the start of the 2016 season.
Bellinger started the 2017 season with Oklahoma City. He participated in the majors for the first time on April 25, 2017, against the San Francisco Giants. Due to his brilliant performance, he was named the National League Player of the Week for the first week of May. He was later named the National League Rookie of the Month for May.
In June 2017, Bellinger became the first rookie in MLB history with 10 home runs in a 10-game span. By April 2018, he had managed to hit the 40th of his career, a milestone he reached in just 136 games. In August 2019, Bellinger hit his 100th career home run off of Eric Lauer of the San Diego Padres. This made him the fastest player in Dodgers history to accomplish that feat.
Bellinger belongs to a family of French, German, and Greek descent. His family is into baseball as well as his father played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees and Anaheim Angels. His younger brother, Cole Bellinger, was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 2017 MLB Draft.
As of today, his yearly income is $11.5 million which is more than 19 times what he made in 2019.
Awards and Achievements of Cody Bellinger:
- 2 times Arizona Fall League Fall Stars Game participant
- Fielding Bible Award (Right Field)
- Fielding Bible Award (Multi-positional)
- 3 times National League Player of the Week
- National League Championship Series MVP
- 2 times National League Rookie of the Month
- Los Angeles Sports Council Sportsman of the Year, 2017
- 2 times National League All-Star
- National League Most Valuable Player Award
- Players Choice National League Outstanding Rookie
- Sporting News NL Rookie of the Year
- National League Rookie of the Year Award
- Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- Rawlings Gold Glove Award
- Silver Slugger Award
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1995|
|Place of Birth (Born)||Scottsdale, Arizona|
|Net Worth||$11.5 million|