Yoga has certainly gained popularity over the last few years, and it’s not hard to see why when you look into the benefits of this mind, body, and soul discipline. Is it a sport? It certainly is if you consider sport to be something that makes you sweat and works out your body!
Yoga is perfect for helping to boost mobility, stretching out tense muscles, strengthening the entire body and core, as well as battling stress, anxiety, depression, and calming the mind. By learning how to focus on your breath, you’re teaching your body some very useful coping techniques, but you’re also helping your body to go one further. Breath helps the body stretch, and ironically, you’re also sending important oxygen and nutrients around the body in general too.
As you can see, there’s no downside to yoga!
You can opt for the baggy t-shirt and leggings option when you head to a yoga class, but surely you want to fit in and look the part? Of course, you also want to know that the clothing you wear is supportive and helps you to practice the various different yoga poses with ease. In that case, you’ll be needing some high quality ladies yoga shorts. The market is flooded with various different types of yoga gear, and reviews are certainly the best to separate the good from the not so good. Luckily for you, we’ve reviewed some of the best ladies yoga shorts on the market, helping you to make the right decision for your specific needs and circumstances.
We’ve looked into various different top named brands, including Lululemon, Athleta, Fabletics, Gymshark, and Alo Yoga, so you know you’re getting the very best of the best.
9 Best Ladies Yoga Pants Reviewed
Homma Women’s Seamless Compression Heathered Yoga Shorts
The great thing about ladies yoga pants is that it doesn’t matter what your size or shape, they are designed for every body type out there. These Homma Women’s Seamless Compression Yoga Shorts can be purchased at Walmart. They are perfect for fashion conscious ladies, and are available in ten attractive colors. You can go for regular black if you want to, but why not opt for orange or lime green? You’ll really stand out in the gym wearing those!
The material is a nylon, polyester and Spandex mix, which means you don’t have to worry about rigidity; these shorts move as you do, helping you to reach those harder poses. The price is also very affordable, at less than $15, with the exact price depending upon color and size chosen.
Aside form the spandex included in the design, these shorts help you to stretch in four different directions, basically meaning that you won’t feel restricted in any way. They are also medium rise in design, which help to pull you in, if you think you need it. The material is also designed to keep sweat away from your skin, so you feel more comfortable during your class.
- Ten different color options to choose from
- Four way stretch
- Designed to keep sweat away from the body
- Medium rise for comfort
- Includes Spandex for extra stretch
- Seamless design
- Not everyone likes medium rise shorts
- Some previous users state that the brighter colors were a little ‘see through’
Lululemon Run Speed Short
These shorts are ideal for those who want their shorts to be less towards the compression side of the style scale, and slightly looser. These are actually designed to be running shorts, but they are also ideal for yoga, thanks to the comfortable fit and supportive design.
They can be purchased directly from Lululemon website
Available only in black, these shorts are made of a recycled polyester and elastane mix, so they’re not particularly stretchy per se. This means it is important to get your ideal size and make sure these give you extra stretch room for your yoga poses. Despite that, the waist does have a drawcord adjustment area, so you can customize your fit a little. The material is also sweat wicking, to keep the moisture away from your skin using your class, with a Lycra waistband for extra comfort. The shorts are also lined, for extra quality.
As a useful side order, there are three pockets within the design too!
- Ideal for yoga fans who don’t like compression shorts
- Adjustable waistband for extra comfort
- Three pockets included
- Lined for extra quality and comfort
- Sweat wicking material, to keep moisture away from the skin
- Sizes tend to run a little small, and it’s important to get the right size to ensure comfort and stretch
- As these are primarily shorts for running, some may find the length a little too short for yoga
ODODOS High Waist Out Pocket Yoga Shorts
Available in a large number of different color combinations these yoga shorts are perfect for either yoga or running, and for anyone who is a little conscious of their tummy. These shorts are designed to be ‘tummy control’ in origin, which means they pull you in and disguise the area that you are perhaps most conscious of. By doing this, you’re free to enjoy your yoga class without annoying distractions!
They can also be purchased directly at Ododos website
At less than $20 each, depending upon size and color chosen, these shorts are high waisted and are made of a mix of Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex, for extra stretch and movement. The shorts are designed to stretch in four different directions, and the fabric is not at all see through, which is ideal when you choose the white option! There are also shorts on both sides of the legs, making these shorts ideal for other types of work outs too.
- Tummy control for those who feel a little self conscious of their stomach
- Pockets on both legs
- Good price
- Available in many different colors
- Quality material which isn’t see through, even in lighter colors
- Some previous users state that sizing is a little on the small side, so you need to bear this in mind when ordering these shorts
- Pockets aren’t really ideal for yoga, so these are quite a useless feature for this particular sport
Baleaf Women’s High Waist Workout Yoga Shorts Tummy Control Side Pockets
Baleaf is a big named brand, which should give you a huge amount of peace of mind from the get-go. Whilst these shorts are a little more expensive than some of the products we’ve reviewed so far, they do come very highly recommended from previous users. You can choose between several different color options, making these a stylish choice, and sized range from extra small, up to XXX large.
You can buy these from Baleaf website
These shorts are another high waisted, tummy control option, which helps women to feel more confident in a yoga class, if they have a specific problem with their stomach area. The shorts are also made of Polyester, Spandex, and Cotton, which gives them a quality feel, and they’re also very easy to wash. The material is not at all see through, and it is also moisture wicking, helping sweat to stay away from your skin, and helping you to feel fresher during your yoga class. There are pockets on either side of the shorts, and one is large enough for your phone, whilst travelling to and from glasses. The inseam is also designed to be a little longer, which stops your thighs from rubbing together during pose movements.
- Big brand name for peace of mind
- Available in a large range of sizes and colors
- Long inseam to stop thighs rubbing together
- High waisted, making them tummy control also
- Material is moisture wicking and non-see through
- Slightly higher price than some of the other products
- Pockets are also not ideal for yoga use, and therefore only for traveling to and from classes
ODODOS Power Flex Yoga Short Tummy Control Workout Running Athletic Non See-Through Yoga Shorts with Hidden Pocket
We have another big named brand ladies yoga pants product here, and again, you can choose from a very large number of color options! Sizes range from extra small, up to XX large, and the price falls under $17 at the most. These shorts are ideal for yoga or running, depending upon your discipline.
The shorts are made of Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex, and have a medium rise fit, which although described as ‘tummy control’ may not be enough for some women. This is a personal choice and something you will need to consider before purchasing. The material is however non-see through and very streamlined, helping you to feel more comfortable as you move from pose to pose. There is also a hidden pocket, perhaps for a tissue or whatever else you need during your class.
- Hidden pocket for small items, however not large enough for bigger items
- Medium rise, which is described as ‘tummy control’, and therefore ideal for women who don’t feel comfortable with high rise fits
- Material is designed to contour to the body, which is ideal for yoga classes
- Good priced product
- Large number of colors and sizes available
- Whilst these are designed to be ‘tummy control’, some women may not find them to have a high enough waist band
FIRM ABS Women’s Performance Running Yoga Shorts
Available in nine different color options, these shorts are seriously sporty and fashionable, making the ideal choice for women who want to look on trend whilst heading to their yoga class. These shorts are also dual function, as they can easily double up as running shorts too. The fit is a little shorter than some of the other products we’ve chosen, which is something you may need to think about, depending upon your preference.
These shorts are made of a Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex mix, and the washing care instructions state that they need to be washed in cold water, to avoid shrinkage. This is also something which several other previous users have mentioned. The fabric however is designed to keep moisture away from your body, so no sweat marring your yoga experience. The waistband folds over for a fashionable and comfortable look, and it is also made of flat elastic, so it doesn’t move around.
- Ideal for either yoga or running
- Nine different color options on offer
- Good priced product
- Moisture wicking material to keep sweat away from the skin
- Flat elastic waistband, stops the shorts from slipping around whilst you’re moving from pose to pose
- These shorts are a little shorter in length, which may not be ideal for some women
- Regular waistband means these shorts aren’t tummy control, and again that could be an issue for some women
TSLA Shorts 7″ Bike Running Yoga Hidden Pockets
These are the ideal shorts for any woman who is on a budget, yet still wants to be stylish. Available in many different colors, these are amongst the cheapest shorts on our list, yet they don’t cut down on quality as a result. These are mid rise, which give tummy control, but again, it depends on your preference in terms of waistband height. The waistband itself is designed to stay in place and not slip around whilst you’re moving during your poses.
You can buy directly from TSLA website
The material is a Polyester and Spandex mix, and the slightly longer length is ideal for yoga, without having to worry about showing too much skin! The fabric is designed to be breathable, whilst moving with the body easily. There are two pockets on these shorts, one on each side.
- Longer length ideal for yoga
- Waistband is designed to stay in place when moving from pose to pose
- Ideal for those on a budget
- Medium rise, ideal for those who don’t like high rise but still want tummy control as a feature
- Available in many different colors
- Pockets on each side
- Medium rise may not be enough height for some women, and this is a personal preference
- Material isn’t moisture wicking
EttelLut Booty Fold Over/Regular Shorts Dance Yoga Sexy Exercise Dolphin Shorts
These are the ideal yoga shorts for anyone who doesn’t mind a shorter length, and who wants a budget option, yet still with high quality. The name is also instantly recognisable for anyone who has done any research into this particular field, giving you extra peace of mind in your purchase. These shorts are available in 15 different color combinations, with contrast shades to the waistband and hemlines.
These shorts are classed as ‘booty shorts’, which basically means they cover just what they need to, giving you the feel of freedom whilst enjoying your yoga class, and no extra bulk. They are also made of a cotton and Spandex mixture, which is soft to touch and stretchy enough for what you need. Due to the durable nature of these shorts, they can easily be used for other sporting endeavours, or even as beachwear during holidays!
- High quality shorts, made by a big named brand
- Low cost for the brand involved
- Multi-use, can be worn for fashion or sport
- Available in several different color combinations
- Stretchy and soft to touch
- May be too short for some women
- No tummy control feature, due to the length
Alo Yoga Women’s Elevate Shorts
These yoga shorts are certainly from a big named brand for extra peace of mind in your purchase, but the downside is the price tag. You get what you pay for here, as these shorts have several high quality features which make them stand out. You can choose between two different color options, with the brand logo on the bottom of the left leg. The shorts are made of Nylon and Spandex, with 13% Spandex being a little higher than the other shorts we’ve reviewed in this article.
You can also buy from Alo Yoga website
The short are mid-thigh in length and they have a high waist for tummy control. The material is matte but has a shine to it, which not only looks great, but also helps with general movement during your yoga class. The steam is also flat locked, so it doesn’t irritate or rub whilst you’re moving around in your different poses.
- High quality brand
- A matte and shine material which looks fashionable and helps with movement
- Flat locked seam for comfort and no irritation
- Extra Spandex content for ease of movement
- High waisted for tummy control
- The price. This is the highest priced produce we’ve reviewed by far
Choosing the right yoga pants for your classes, or perhaps your workout at home, is vital if you want to be comfortable as you learn the different poses. The length of the shorts is important, but so is the length of the waistband, and you need to be clear what you want before you start to look around for your ideal purchase.
In order to enjoy your yoga class, you need zero distractions. Choosing the right pair of ladies yoga shorts will certainly go a long way to helping you in that regard.
Best Booty Shorts For Ladies Reviewed